Monday, July 16, 2012

Might have to become a Vampire (Edward?)

I was thinking on my way up to visit Dr. E for the first time.   I know what your thinking "Blair we haven't seen you think much in your life"  Ha Ha...but seriously.  I was thinking about how many times I have had my blood taken in my life until the cancer diagnosis....two times!!!  Wow  I have been stuck in the last three weeks over 22 times!   Great news is this is only the beginning. Serious might have to up my blood intake!  You think it will make me sparkle?

I had my appointment following my " Inguinal orchiectomy"    I wouldn't recommend looking in up on google....pretty nasty!   That being said google away Dr. E......he is simply the best! The man could retire....he could be living it up on the beach some where but instead he takes great pride in saving lives of young men all over the world.   That's right the world.  Today there where to guys from England and Australia in his office.   WOW!   I know you might be thinking geesh Blair we get it.   I hope you do!   If you our any of your loved ones are ever in this situation and I hope you are not please don't send them to anyone else!

2 comments:

  1. Blair, thank you for sharing your story and what a great way to take us through this journey with you. I truly appreciate your thoughts, honesty and humor! One thing you have to love about Salem...we can pull together and provide a huge network of support and prayer during your trials and tribulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terry! One of the man reasons I did this was to hopefully get my players and young boys everywhere to not feel ashamed in saying something to their parents. Even though testicular cancer is only 1% of cancers in the US. It is the number 1 cancer among men 17-35! I had two 16 year olds in the office today. Good news is it is also one of the most curable ( if caught early).

    Thanks again! I hope you enjoy my posts. They definitely make the time go by faster.

    Blair

    ReplyDelete