Monday, July 16, 2012

Fast Forward Six months and the small cyst has now grown.....I know.....I know  6 months are you serious?   I was told I didn't have cancer.....I am a man....That's how we operate!   The Tumor now was about the size and Hardness of a golf ball.  I saw a different Dr. this time at Metro.  He said "it's scar tissue, usually takes six weeks to heal"   No I really to this day don't know why I didn't just say ok and walk out.  If I did I would probably be dead!   But I didn't.....I told the Dr. it has been six months.  I could see the panic in his eyes.    6 Months?  "You have to get an ultrasound now"  Well I knew at this point I was in trouble!  He was waiting for me in the ultrasound room.  He confirmed the worse news of my life!  This things gotta come out!  Are you serious!  No way!  Not going to do it!   Will I be able to have kids again?  What does surgery mean?     AM I GOING TO DIE?   

I went home and started researching everything I could find out about testicular cancer.  Everything that I read mentioned a guy by the name of Lawerence Einhorn.   DR. E (as we will refer to him for the remainder of the blog) is the Leonardo Da Vinci of Testicular Cancer.  He came up with the live saving treatment of Chemotherapy that took the survival rate from5% to 95%.   Guess what......he is in Indianapolis!     That is where I headed the next day to get this party started!  NAPTOWN and Myself are going to become quite freindly over the next six months!   

Can't wait to be in the presence of such a great individual as Dr. E!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment